This is first and foremost, it is not only important to understand that Naukri Alerts or Job Alerts are to be customized according your job profile and that should be match to your resume as provided by you to to a company. Each and every job searcher gets a unique set of matching jobs with their skills and profile. That will be matching based on text of your resume or CV as well as the Working Area/Department, Role and industry that you have selected for. Every of these parameters along with your salary, experience and preferred location are used to find matching jobs for you by us. Let us we dive into long details of the Job Alerts or Naukri Alerts, here are a few points you have to remember always:
- Never all jobs are sent in Naukri Alerts or Job Alerts – We only send jobs posted in last 2-3 days are used to match against the profile and sent in the email provided by You. However, a link in sent email is always have at the bottom of the job alert mailer lands you on recommended jobs page there it shows all jobs link on that day that match your profile and posted in the last month.
- Only one job profile you shared with us is used to send job alerts or naukri alerts – In case you have created multiple profiles with NaukriAlerts, only the last profile that you have shared with us is used to send the matching jobs with your skills . unless and untill you have added new skills, moved higher in your organization where you are working for now, got a salary increase or changed your job profile, you should and must incorporate these improvements and changes into your NaukriAlerts profile to receive better matching Job Alerts or NaukriAlerts
- Selecting functional area and Role as “Others” may hurt relevance of the Job Alert or NaukriAlerts – If you are selected your functional area according to old furncional area and role as “others”, NaukriAlerts does not precisely know what your department is and where you are working according to your cuurent skills. We understand organizations do create custom designations and job skills for your new jobs which are you looking for and that are specific or unique to them in the sense of job you want. Therefore, it is best to select the closest matching job functional area or NaukriAlerts functional area or role, instead of choosing “others”. Please try to understand that this will not limit the jobs alerts or naukri alerts you receive to the role that you have selected for, since NaukriAlerts also sends jobs in similar roles and creteria , not just the role that you selected.
NaukriAlerts or job-alerts are computed using matching logic or criteria which takes into consideration your job skills as specified and written in your Resume, and these mentioned in the Key Skills provided by you, your designation or resume headline fields in NaukriAlerts profile. A combination of these variables is then used to send job alerts or Naukri Alerts.
Whether you find or grab new jobs alerts are not relevant to you, we suggest the following –
- Please make sure profile and skills are updated
- Add your current professional key skills in Key Skills field in NaukriAlerts Profile – If you have mentioned key skills in just your Resume and but not in this NaukriAlerts email, you might be missed naukri alerts which match your present skills. Because not all skills that you might have acquired during your present professional life which equally important for your next job profile.
- Remove skills that are not relevant or you don’t intend to seek jobs for, from Key Skills field – You may want to show case all skills to recruiters, however, do that only in your CV. Removing these skills from Key Skills field in NaukriAlerts Profile will reduce jobs which require this skill. Same is also true for Resume Headline and Designation fields of your Naukri Profile.
- Mention your preferred location – We realize that the location of a company is an important factor while evaluating job opportunities. Hence your job alerts are classified into parts – jobs matching only your preferred locations and jobs matching other locations. You can specify your preferred location by logging into your NaukriAlert Account .
- Add a descriptive Designation in NaukriAlerts Profile – If your designation in NaukriAlerts profile is “Senior Manager” and you are working in the accounts department in your present organization, change the designation to “Senior Manager – Accounts”. An indicator to department/ role what you are currently working in, helps.
- Eliminate descriptions that may cause confusion from your present designation– If you are working in a Private Bank and serving clients as “Senior Relationship Banker- Agriculture and Food Industry”, consider if you really want a job only in that Industry. If your skills are broad based and not just limited to this Industry, consider using a different designation like “Senior Relationship Banker – Corporate Division”.